Interested in working with DownCity Design? Open positions are listed below. Feel free to send us your resume even if no openings are currently listed. We are always on the lookout for capable designers and educators who are passionate about community-based design. For more information, or to apply, contact Program Director Lexie Whipple.
We're always looking for people with a passion for youth and community programs who also have some of the following skills:
- Teaching, mentoring, or advising youth
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign)
- 3D modeling in Google SketchUp, Rhino, or similar programs
- Design / Build experience and carpentry skills
- Construction and project management skills
- Industrial design, graphic design, user experience design, or architecture background
- Digital fabrication and rapid prototyping skills (3D printing, laser cutting, etc)
DOWNCITY DESIGN – JOB POSTING
Design Educator / Part-Time
Updated on 9/10/2018
Due by 9/16/2018
DCD is searching for paid Design Educators to co-teach the following Design Studio programs:
- Graphic Design Studio
- Industrial Design Studio
- Fashion Design Studio
In all DownCity Design studios, students will work on design service projects that will help community-based organizations serve people in need. The classes would take place throughout Fall 2018, starting in early October and ending in mid-December.
Qualified candidates must be available for the entire semester. Instructors are expected to coordinate or provide their own means of transportation; teaching venues are conveniently located along RIPTA bus lines. Hourly wage $18-22/hr, commensurate with experience.
Deadline to apply is September 16. Please send a resume, cover letter, and a minimum of 3 portfolio samples to Lexie Whipple, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.